In the year the I have owned Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World I have read it cover to cover probably a dozen times. The cupcakes look great, but somehow I wasn’t quite able to put aside my skepticism that vegan cupcakes could be as good, or even better, than parve cupcakes I could make by modifying a standard recipe containing eggs.
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange flavored liquor
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, Dutch-processed or regular
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped candied orange peel
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- Whisk together the soy milk and vinegar in a large bowl, and set aside for a few minutes to curdle. Add the orange liquor, sugar, oil, and vanilla extract, to the soy milk mixture and beat until foamy. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add in two batches to wet ingredients and beat until no large lumps remain (a few tiny lumps are OK). Stir in the candied orange peel.
- Pour batter into liners, filling 3/4 of the way.
- Place cupcakes in the oven and immediately reduce the oven temperature to 350. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Frost with frosting of choice.
Recipe Updates – Delivered Fresh!
Thank You For Printing This Recipe! Visit Us Again Soon!
Recipe Page: http://www.couldntbeparve.com/recipe/fortuitous-lack-of-eggs/