Oreo Wedding Favors

by Shoshana on July 12, 2012 · 18 comments

Post image for Oreo Wedding Favors

It has been a crazy couple of weeks around here. I literally have barely had time to check my email, let alone get a blog post together. I am hoping things will calm down and I will be able to get back into a normal rhythm next week, but in the meantime I wanted to share these cute party favors I made for my sister’s wedding. They are simply chocolate covered oreos but they are always a big hit. It seems that the combination of chocolate and oreos ends up greater than the sum of its parts and people adore them. I left these plain at my sister’s request, but the chocolate can also be flavored using candy oils to make mint, orange, cinnamon or any other flavored chocolate covered oreos. (I am partial to the mint myself).

I made these using this mold. It is very easy to do, but does take a while because each of the white hearts needs to be filled individually before putting in the dark chocolate.
When I was ordering these I was thrilled to see how many different cute oreo molds there are available. Given how popular these seem to be I will probably end up getting some molds for other occasions as well.

It seems crazy to post a recipe for these, so I’m not, but I will be back with new recipes starting next week.

jessica July 12, 2012 at 6:03 am

These are beautiful!

Ronnie Fein July 12, 2012 at 6:47 am

OMG these are gorgeous! Even the plating is perfect!

Tamar Genger July 12, 2012 at 9:21 am

So impressed, now that I understand people use molds for these kind of things it actually seems doable.

This American Bite July 12, 2012 at 11:25 am

So elegant. Who would have thought it’s an oreo!

Alison @ Alibabka July 12, 2012 at 11:53 am

So cute! I worked for a chocolate store and our chocolate covered oreos were always great sellers! So easy, but looks and tastes so impressive!

Samara July 12, 2012 at 11:58 am

These look amazing! Your sister is one lucky lady! I hope the wedding was a wonderful simcha, and please send all my love and mazal to A and the whole family!!

Queenscook July 12, 2012 at 6:00 pm

In case you didn’t know, Wilton has a number of Oreo molds as well, and far cheaper than the ones you linked to ($2, I think, and available at craft stores that accept coupons, so you can get them as cheap as a dollar).

Prag July 13, 2012 at 4:54 am

Just goes to show that something cute and popular doesn’t always have to translate into a complicated efforts.

This look delicious and adorable.

Chanie@BusyInBrooklyn July 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm

wow, these are so elegant and beautiful! How many of them did you have to make?!

Sarah Klinkowitz July 14, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I am looking at the tempering on the chocolate more than anything..amazing! Such a satiny finish, and the plating is immaculate!

Alessandra @dinnerinvenice July 15, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Unbelievable, really gorgeous!

Theresa July 16, 2012 at 10:43 am

Sister? Wedding? Must talk soon!

Victoria July 17, 2012 at 6:00 pm

First, mazel tov! & as for the dessert… even if it may not be so complicated, it is incredibly elegant! You did an absolutely beautiful job with them!

Jamie Geller July 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Shoshana gorgeous — your sister is so lucky to have you these look better than “professional” desserts and I bet they taste incredible!!!!!! I honestly wish the regular caterers would do something simply delish and elegent like this. Mazel tov to you all!

Queenscook July 19, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Tonight I was looking for something else online, and happened to discover that the mold you used for your cookies is actually made by a company called Spinning Leaf. They sell the mold you used for far less than the site you linked to ($6 instead of $10), and have a much larger selection as well. Even though the Wilton molds are far cheaper, I definitely agree that these are more attractive. Ten dollars each really seemed overpriced, but six dollars I can justify! I certainly have no connection to the company; just thought I’d mention it because of the better price: http://shop.spinningleaf.com/

Shoshana July 23, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I actually got them on sale so I didn’t realize how expensive they were full price. Good to know there is a cheaper source if I need to get more. I will check out the wilton ones for other occasions, they seem like a great deal.

Litchfield Plantation July 21, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Your blog looks great. I like a lot of the things I see in this post about weddings. I would love to see more pictures

Melissa @ lilmisscakes July 29, 2012 at 7:13 am

These are so pretty! Your chocolate is so shiny, nice job!